Saturday Night’s Alright For S’moring
“You know, hun, I think the times I went camping with my dad growing up are some of my fondest childhood memories.”
“You’ve got an extra blanket for you and Jared, right?”
“Smelling the woody, earthy, and slightly musty campfire smoke. Roasting white, fluffy marshmallows pricked onto specially chosen sticks in that blazing hot fire.
I burned my tongue sooo many times being too impatient waiting for my flaming marshmallow to cool, despite my dad’s warnings.”
“Maybe I should pack his heavy coat? John...are you even listening? I think it’s supposed to be cold tonight.”
“Oh, and s’mores!! That gooey, hot marshmallow, the chocolate slowly melting and then dripping out the sides by the second or third bite into the graham crackers sandwiching the messy concoction. I can taste them already!”
“John...have you even heard a word I’ve said? Haha, you’re just as excited as Jared, aren’t you! All you can think about is s'mores and camping!”
“Yep…s’mores and camping…”
Truly, there’s nothing like a s’more. Simple, basic ingredients that yield anything but simple, basic results, and we’re not only speaking of flavor here!
Sure, the crisp, sweet graham crackers, decadent melted chocolate, and fluffy, goey, slightly charred, sugary marshmallows are delicious, but the time spent around a campfire enjoying these treats amongst family and friends is purely priceless.
Think of the last time you enjoyed a s’more around a campfire…
Can you smell the smoke wafting up from the flames? If you’re like me, you probably have to reposition your seat repeatedly, trying to escape it!
Are you the person who’s usually responsible for gathering the ingredients? Hopefully no one forgot the chocolate!
Who’s sharpening the freshly gathered limbs, perfect for spearing the spongy, fresh marshmallows? Are you team “charred” or team “delicately browned” marshmallow?
Are there children in your group gathered together by the fire? If so, can you remember the expression on their little faces as they’re either taught this delicious trade of roasting their very own marshmallow or already sinking their teeth into a s’mores masterpiece?
Who else is enjoying the crisp night air with you? Are you relishing in some alone time with your partner, or have you gathered with a large group? Family? Friends?
Now that you’re happily recalling your last time spent around a campfire, making and enjoying s’mores as well as the company present at such a classically pleasurable event, aside from a hankering for this delicious treat, what else are you experiencing/feeling?
Are you sporting a slight smile or grin, like me?
Feeling happy at the fond memories you’ve enjoyed camping or simply gathered around a bonfire?
There’s just no denying this delightful treat’s propensity to bring people together, smiles included!
Whether enjoyed during cool spring and summer nights or chilly fall evenings, just the thought of a s’more brings to our memory happy thoughts of the last time we were able to indulge in this unique treat.
Why would we call this treat unique, you ask?
What other treat grants such an experience as a s’more?
Sure, baking cookies, brownies, or your great-great grandma’s secret-recipe cakes can evoke fond emotions, and you can certainly gather with friends or family members for time spent in the kitchen while baking.
But, nothing brings people together like a campfire, the perimeter of the flame-filled center teeming with chairs, friends, family, smiles, and laughter, with stories being shared and memories being made appreciating these precious moments with one another as you all enjoy making and eating s’mores.
If you’re like me, your mouth is now watering, and you’re happily anticipating your next campfire gathering.
Thankfully, you don’t have to wait until your next camping adventure to enjoy two timeless favorites: coffee and s’mores!
Our S’mores Medium Roast delivers all the campfire favorite flavors of a s’more, delicately mingled with our smooth medium roast, a customer-favorite!
Here’s one of our favorite ways to savor our s’mores coffee…
Ingredients (*serves 2 )
- 16 ounces Lifeboost S’mores Coffee, freshly brewed
- 1 graham cracker (crushed by hand or in a food processor)
- 3-5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, plus extra for drizzling and rimming
- 6 medium-sized marshmallows (or a few tablespoons of marshmallow creme, see instructions for ways to incorporate)
- While your Lifeboost S’mores Coffee is brewing, crush one graham cracker.
- Wipe a thin layer of chocolate syrup around the rim of each mug, then dip the rim(s) into the crushed graham cracker.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream into the bottom of each mug, followed by roughly one tablespoon of chocolate syrup. You can stir the heavy cream and chocolate syrup together in the bottom of the mug, or wait until you add the hot coffee to combine.
- Pour 8 ounces of freshly brewed Lifeboost S’mores Coffee into each mug, stirring if needed.
- Add 3 medium sized marshmallows to each mug to top the coffee. If you’re able, lightly toast the marshmallows on top. If you don’t have a means to toast the marshmallows, you can submerge in the hot coffee to slightly melt, or you can skip the marshmallows and just use a tablespoon or so of marshmallow creme to top your brew. Either way…this treat is delicious!
And, if you’d like to take things up a notch, this delightful brew is just as tasty when used to make this delicious cocktail…
- 8 ounces Lifeboost S’mores Coffee, freshly brewed
- 1 ounce marshmallow vodka
- 1 ounce creme de cocoa
- 1 ounce Kahlua (optional, for a greater coffee flavor, but this is delicious without coffee liqueur if you’re wanting to tame down the alcohol a bit)
- 1 tablespoon crushed graham crackers
- ½ tablespoon dark chocolate syrup, plus extra for garnish
- 2 medium-large sized marshmallows, lightly toasted
- Wipe a thin layer of dark chocolate syrup around the rim of your coffee mug, then dip the coated rim into the crushed graham crackers.
- Add ½ tablespoon dark chocolate syrup into the bottom of the mug.
- Brew 8 ounces of Lifeboost S’mores Coffee, then immediately pour the freshly brewed coffee into the mug.
- Add 1 ounce, each, of marshmallow vodka, creme de cocoa, and Kahlua (if using), then stir gently.
- Lightly toast 2 medium-large sized marshmallows, then add to the top of your cocktail.
- Drizzle with dark chocolate syrup, if desired, and enjoy!
With fall weather starting to move in, might be time to put marshmallows and chocolate on the grocery list? I know I will be mixing up some of these campfire favorites at home with our Lifeboost S'mores Coffee!
Drop a Comment