Within a few weeks of autumn’s arrival, you’ve likely already spent time with loved ones at an apple orchard or pumpkin patch, or perhaps you’ve watched as smiles filled the faces of your friends and family around bonfires, on hayrides, or when jumping into piles of freshly raked fallen leaves.
Then as Halloween approaches, you’re primed and ready for more fun, laughter, smiles, and perhaps a few screams as you carve pumpkins, find the perfect costume, and cozy up on the couch for an evening with The Great Pumpkin or a scary movie marathon!
Whether it’s through spooks and scares, or tricks and treats, Halloween is such an exciting time, bringing the opportunity for fun to be had by children and adults alike.
So, this year we wanted to share ten ways you can include coffee in your fun, holiday festivities!
Filled with flavor and creativity, you can enjoy these Halloween themed drinks as a way to bring a bit of excitement to your daily coffee routine this fall, or make them for a crowd as they’re sure to be the hit of your Halloween party!
1- Snow White’s Doom
Full of delicious fall flavors like apple cider, caramel, and coffee, this drink can be a cozy, warm, and delightful offering any time, or feel free to get creative at your next Halloween gathering and serve this next to a witch’s hat and broom.
I mean, hey, a poisoned apple brought Snow White a restful nap and a handsome prince, add coffee to that mix and something wonderful is bound to happen!
And, just in case you’re questioning it, yes, apple and coffee flavors pair surprisingly well together…a must try, for sure!
2 ounces Lifeboost Espresso Coffee
2 ounces apple cider
2 ounces milk (your choice, dairy or non)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons caramel sauce
Whipped cream (optional for topping)
- Combine apple cider, cinnamon, and milk, and caramel sauce in a small saucepan.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring continually to avoid curdling the milk, allowing the mixture to heat without boiling.
- Pull 2 shots of espresso, or strongly brew 4 ounces of Lifeboost Cinnamon Apple Streusel Coffee and add to a mug.
- Top with the heated caramel apple mixture, and finish off with a bit of whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, and enjoy!
2- Cauldron Coffee
If you’re entertaining a crowd, this fall flavored coffee punch is the perfect drink to wow your guests!
It’s not only delicious, but since it’s iced, you can serve it from a punch bowl, or a cauldron to add some spooky flare.
5 cinnamon sticks
½ cup hazelnut creamer
1 tablespoon whole cloves
6 stars of star anise
1 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To make coffee ice cubes, brew 2-3 cups of Lifeboost Medium Roast Coffee. Allow coffee to cool completely, then pour into ice cube trays. Place trays in your freezer overnight, or at least 4 hours prior to making/serving this punch.
- In a large pitcher, add cold brewed coffee, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to fully infuse into the coffee. If you don’t have a pitcher big enough for seven cups of coffee, you can simply add half the coffee to infuse, then add the rest in the next step.
- Add spice infused coffee, creamer, vanilla, and coffee ice cubes to a punch bowl (or cauldron) and stir to combine. Enjoy!
**For a fun or spooky twist, use Halloween themed trays for your coffee ice cubes.
3- Drunken Pumpkins
This incredibly delicious cocktail comes from our Coffee Cocktail Recipes Ebook, and I had to include it here as it’s been a staple in my Halloween celebrations (and all throughout fall) since the first time I tried it!
Just note that this one’s called Drunken Pumpkins for good reason. I mean, the name obviously gives away the fact that it’s a cocktail, but it’s also so delicious that one shot can turn into several in no time.
So, whip this one up alone or with friends, and enjoy responsibly.
*makes 4 shots
4 ounces cold brewed (or brewed and chilled) Lifeboost Pumpkin Spice Coffee
1 ounce Rumchata
2 ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur
1 ounce cinnamon whiskey
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake to combine. (You can also stir the ingredients in a glass if you don’t have a cocktail shaker.)
- Pour into shot glasses, and enjoy!
4- Frankenstein’s Fright
Frankenstein is often portrayed as being afraid of fire, so while you and your guests will be awed by this unique and tasty cocktail at your frightful Halloween fun fest, Frank may need to avoid this one at all costs…at least until the flame is put out.
Also known as flaming Spanish coffee, this cocktail’s flare is in its making, so have your guests gather around as you work your bartender and barista magic, serving up this fiery, frightful drink!
3 ounces freshly brewed Lifeboost Dark Roast Coffee
1 ½ ounces coffee liqueur
¼ ounce triple sec
¾ ounce 151 proof rum
1 teaspoon sugar
1 lemon (or orange) wedge
Whipped cream and/or cinnamon (optional)
- Add sugar to a small bowl or plate.
- Rub the lemon or orange wedge around the rim of a tempered cocktail glass, then dip the rim into the sugar, coating it all the way around.
- Pour rum and triple sec into the glass, then carefully set the alcohol on fire with a match or lighter.
- Holding by the stem, slowly turn the glass allowing the flames to caramelize the sugar around the rim.
- Now add the coffee and coffee liqueur to the glass, thus extinguishing the flames.
- If desired, garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, or instead feel free to simply add the wedge of orange or lemon to the rim, and enjoy!
5- Vampire’s Latte
The count needs coffee too, so if you’re wanting to serve up some spookiness this Halloween, we’ve got you covered with this beetroot powder latte that gives the illusion of a bloody brew with its red hue.
Beetroot powder won’t make your coffee taste like beets, but it does add a touch of sweetness as a food-dye alternative for those with allergies, sensitivities, or if you’re simply looking to avoid artificial coloring as you festively celebrate.
1 ounce Lifeboost Espresso Coffee
2 tablespoons beetroot powder
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon real maple syrup
1 cup almond milk (divided)
- Add beetroot powder, water, and maple syrup to a small saucepan and heat over low-medium heat until thoroughly combined and warmed through.
- Add ¾ cup of the almond milk to the mixture and stir until creamy and hot.
- Pull (or brew) one ounce of espresso into a large mug, then stir in warmed beetroot powder and almond milk mixture from the saucepan.
- Froth the remaining ¼ cup of almond milk with a hand frother, electric frother, or the steaming wand on your espresso machine.
- Top your latte with the frothed almond milk, and enjoy!
6- Green Goblin
Bright green colors from matcha tea swirl amidst deep, dark espresso, and light creamy milk to form this visibly fun, healthy, and delicious Halloween (or anytime) treat.
And, if you want to avoid the swirl and keep this festive drink layered for fun, add a bit of sugar to the milk before pouring it in (stirring to fully combine the milk and sugar).
2 teaspoons match powder
½ cup milk (dairy or non)
¼ cup lukewarm water
2 teaspoons cane sugar (or more if you want to add a teaspoon’s worth to your milk for a layering effect)
- Brew coffee or espresso and set aside.
- Add sugar, match powder, and water to a tall glass and stir until matcha and sugar are fully dissolved.
- Add ice to the matcha in the glass.
- Grab a spoon and turn it upside down. Hold the spoon over the ice, and carefully pour the milk (sweetened if you’d like) over the back of the spoon.
- The milk should drizzle over the ice, layering onto the matcha in the bottom of the glass.
- Using the same method, pour the espresso or strong coffee over the back of the spoon on top of the milk layer.
- If you’re pleased with the layering here, you can indulge as is, or if you’d like to get a spooky swirl of these fall colors, you can gently stir with a straw for an added effect.
7- The Floating Pumpkin
Move over root beer float, this delicious, caffeinated, and boozy Halloween-inspired drink is out of this world!
A bit of pumpkin beer, espresso, vodka, and ice cream…this pumpkin inspired float is the perfect root beer replacement.
½ ounce vodka
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 ounces pumpkin beer
- Brew espresso or pumpkin spice coffee and set aside.
- Add two scoops of ice cream to a fun Halloween themed glass.
- Pour coffee over the ice cream.
- Next add the vodka, then finish off by pouring in the pumpkin beer. Enjoy!
8- Jack-O-Lantern Java
A spooky face on a pumpkin is a classic sight this time of year, a Halloween tradition for sure!
So, of course we had to include a nod to Jack in this list of tasty treats…with one trick of course.
Candy corn can be a controversial issue this time of year with both fans and haters of this fall colored confection.
So, here you’ll trick the haters and treat the fans by using candy corn to create a pumpkin face atop this delicious latte.
*You’ll see orange food coloring on the ingredient list to color your whipped topping in this pumpkin-themed concoction, but feel free to omit the color for health or allergy/sensitive reasons.
And, of course, candy corn haters can enjoy Jack’s face, then lose the treats before sipping.
8 ounces milk (dairy or non)
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
Orange food coloring, optional
- Combine milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan.
- Heat mixture on low, stirring occasionally. Only heat until warm, do not boil.
- Pull espresso shots, or brew pumpkin spice coffee, and set aside.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup into a mug, then pour in coffee.
- Add the warmed pumpkin spiced milk to the mug.
- If desired, add food coloring to some whipped cream until a desired orange color is reached.
- Top your drink with the orange whipped cream, then make a jack-o-lantern face in the whipped cream using the candy corn. Be creative, and enjoy!
- You can omit the coloring and the candy corn, if desired. And, if you’re topping with whipped cream alone, a dash of nutmeg gives an excellent flavor when sprinkled lightly on top to pull the drink together as you sip.
9- Faux Poe
The raven may have quoted, nevermore, in the slightly scary Poe poem, but you’ll be saying “I’ll have some more” after only one sip of this treat.
Our last cocktail to share in this compilation, this is a delightful coffee-infused twist on the class Raven cocktail.
The original cocktail often uses blue curacao and chambord to give the drink a dark and sinister hue, but here, we’re going with dark and bold espresso and some flavored vodka for a Halloween twist!
1 ounce Lifeboost Espresso Coffee
2 ounces Kahlua
1 ounce pumpkin spice vodka
1 ounce vanilla vodka
- Brew espresso, and set aside for a few minutes to slightly cool.
- Add all ingredients, including ice, to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker begins to frost.
- Strain the cocktail into a martini glass, and enjoy!
10- Halloween Candy Crusher
No lies here, this one’s here for indulgence only.
But, if you want in on the sweet fun of trick or treating, coffee style, simply sip on this confectionery latte while you’re passing out candy to the neighborhood ghosts and ghouls.
Or, you can even try this one out as you raid your child’s stash when all the Halloween festivities have ended.
1 fun size bar of your favorite Halloween candy (chocolate themed here, of course)
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon cane sugar
½ cup milk (dairy or non)
- Add candy bar, butter, and cane sugar to a mug.
- Pull espresso double shot, or strongly brew medium roast, directly over the contents in the mug.
- Stir ingredients in the mug together until they’re combined. (Depending on your choice of candy, you may have to heat this in a saucepan to fully melt and incorporate the ingredients.
- Steam milk with espresso machine wand, or froth in an electric frother on the heated setting.
- Top candy infused coffee with steamed milk, and enjoy!